Snack craft version to do with kiddos: Ingredients: (and the brand names that work for our allergy set)
- Erewhorn Crispy Rice Cereal
- Kraft Marshmallows
- Tropical Traditions coconut oil ( virgin oil has yummy coconut flavor..their expelled pressed has no coconut taste…or sub your favorite allergy friendly oil)
- Cake pop sticks
- Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
- Let’s Do Organic Sprinkles
- 1.Do the usual rice krispy treat recipe steps, but then shape and roll the krispy treats into balls
- 2. Refrigerate the treats 1-2 hrs if it is as hot as Texas in the summer
- 3. Insert stick and reshape ball
- 4. Dip in melted enjoy life chocolate chips
- 5. Sprinkle with natural sprinkles Rest on wax paper to harden chocolate or stand in a repurposed cereal box on its side in which you have punched holes. (again refrigeration may help to set the chocolate)
*this whole recipe could be done with use of a microwave if cooktop is unavailable!
Involve children at age appropriate levels…mine are at the dip it in frosting and lick your fingers stage!